Grand Teton National Park
Time & Location
About the Event
Focused Wild is an authorized permittee of the National Park Service.
This workshop will feature a mix of landscape and wildlife photography.
August 13-15, 2021
BONUS Day: August 16, 2021
Daily locations are tentative and may change depending on weather or other factors
- Thursday, August 12 - meet as a group for orientation after dinner
- Friday, August 13 - sunrise at Schwabacher, wildlife until brunch, visit Mormon Row to scout for other mornings, sunset TBD (dependent on weather conditions)
- Saturday, August 14 - sunrise at Mormon Row, photo opp at Raptor Center, midday trip to String Lake, sunset TBD
- Sunday, August 15 - sunrise at "Amy's Not-so Secret Spot", wildlife until lunch, photographing the architecture of GRTE, closing group dinner, sunset TBD
• Monday, August 16 - location TBD
Deposit: $700 (due when you register)
Balance: $1100 (due July 1, 2021)
BONUS day: $500 (due July 1, 2021)
What is included in the workshop fee?
• 3 days of group and one-on-one photography instruction with TWO instructors
What is not included in the workshop fee?
• Housing (see details below)
• National Parks pass
We will be driving in car caravans to shooting locations. You may share a rental vehicle with another participant, but no one will be allowed in either of the guides' cars.
We recommended booking a condo at The Aspens. This is where Amy and Melissa will be staying and we will meet here every morning to depart for sunrise. We stayed here for our scouting trip and found the location and amenities to be ideal.
You can coordinate sharing a unit with other workshop participants through the workshop Facebook group. You will be added to this group when your deposit is paid.
From their website:
The Aspens is conveniently located four miles from Teton Village, home to Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, and eight miles from the town of Jackson. Just beyond Teton Village is an entrance to Grand Teton National Park. Fully furnished one-, two-, and three-bedroom condos in the Aspens offer fireplaces, full-sized kitchens, private decks or patios, flatscreen tvs, wi-fi, washer/dryer, hairdryers, welcome amenities and more.
Websites to book:
Plenty of walking, but no strenuous hiking required.
Participants should be comfortable with their camera and lenses. Familiarity with Manual Exposure is recommended but not required.
Maximum number of participants
8 (1 spot remaining!)
In the event of bad weather during a workshop we will spend the time indoors editing our images, working on digital workflow in Lightroom, and doing photo critiques.
There are no refunds for inclement weather during a workshop.
Recommended Equipment List
Other details about this workshop will be given out through the workshop Facebook group. You will be added to that group when your registration and deposit are received.
Waivers and Policies